It’s time to move to Harpenden…
a vibrant town with the character of a village.
GREAT BRITISH LIFE
GREAT BRITISH LIFE
With its stunning countryside, idyllic villages and vibrant market towns, your family and friends will love visiting Hertfordshire as much as you love living there.
Harpenden is set in a dip of the beautiful Chiltern Hills, so you’ll have great walking, cycling and outdoor sports on your doorstep. Nearby must-visits include Heartwood Forest, a vast new forest and wildlife haven with more than half a million trees, spectacular bluebell carpets and wildflower meadows.
The cathedral city of St Albans is a treasure trove of historic sites and cultural attractions, along with the best choice of shops and restaurants in the county. There’s something for all the family at Knebworth House, famous for its lovingly preserved 500-year-old rooms, life-size dinosaur trail and legendary open-air concerts. And the pretty village of Wheathampsted is one of the most picturesque you’ll find.
‘I’m going to the village’ is a phrase you’re likely to hear when heading into Harpenden. While this vibrant market town offers some of the finest shopping and dining outside of London, it has the feel of a quintessentially English village.
The timeless town centre is home to an exceptional selection of shops and places to eat and drink. Premium national names including Space NK, Waitrose, Caffé Nero and The Giggling Squid sit happily alongside celebrated independents like Handmade in Harpenden, Vinsanto and The Inn on the Green. From the perfume counter to the Post Office counter, fashion finds to pharmacy essentials, everything you need is handily right here.
Take a stroll along the tree-lined high street, with its beautifully preserved buildings and shop fronts. Treat yourself to some retail therapy, have a leisurely latte, and walk among the wildflowers on Harpenden’s award-winning common, which stretches out from the heart of the town to the beautiful surrounding countryside.
Sports, culture, nature, community – Harpenden has it all.
In Rothamsted Park, with its stunning tree-lined avenues, you can have a game of tennis or cricket, and take a dip in the indoor or outdoor pool. You’ll find state-of-the-art fitness facilities and classes at the town’s new leisure centre, and Harpenden Common Golf Club, one of three in the town, is close by.
The common is the beautiful backdrop to all-year-round community events from art exhibitions to classic car gatherings. The heart of the town hosts carnivals, street food festivals and monthly farmers’ markets, with theatre, music and film at Harpenden Public Halls.
Just south of Harpenden is the green expanse of Nomansland Common, a favourite with dog walkers and horse riders. Take the family to nearby Lydekker Park to feed the ducks or enjoy a summer concert. And if you feel like a long walk or cycle, Batford Springs Nature Reserve is a riverside haven of peace and tranquillity.
We build more into our homes in every way.
More space, more light, more luxury, more style – from the fixtures and fittings to the finishing touches.
– Silestone surfaces, matching upstands and splash backs complement the interior designed kitchens. Silestone is a non-porous surface providing easy-clean, hygienic and antimicrobial protection to reduce the spread and growth of bacteria, mould and mildew
– Silestone surfaces also feature in the utility rooms
– A full range of integrated appliances by Siemens including a single oven, induction hob, combination microwave/ oven and a Bosch fridge/freezer, integrated dishwasher, and a washing machine and tumble dryer in utility area
– Stainless steel sink
– Quooker Fusion Square hot, cold and boiling tap
– Amtico flooring to kitchens
– Contemporary white sanitary ware from Villeroy & Boch
– Mira Flight shower tray contains BioCote® Technology designed to reduce bacteria and mould growth by up to 99.9%
– Roca Swing bath with anti-slip base
– Ceramic wall tiling in bathrooms and en-suites
– Fitted vanity units to bathrooms and en-suites
– Silestone surfaces in bathrooms and en-suites
– Vado taps and fittings in chrome
– Chrome heated towel rails to bathrooms and en-suites
– Shaver sockets to bathrooms and en-suites
– Amtico flooring to bathrooms and en-suites
– Mirrors fitted in bathrooms, en-suites and cloakrooms
– Gas-fired wet underfloor heating system to all new properties
– Heating is via radiators in renovated apartments
– Pressurised hot water system
– Stone surround with wood burning effect electric fire where applicable
– Double-glazed timber windows
– Polished chrome light switches throughout
– Low energy fitment pendant lights
– LED downlights to kitchens, bathrooms, cloakrooms, en-suites and dining halls where applicable
– Telephone points to the drawing room, bedroom 1 and bedroom 3/study
– High level TV point in drawing room and master bedroom
– Communal digital TV aerial system and communal Sky Q satellite system outlets to drawing room, bedroom 1, bedroom 2 and kitchens, except in homes with open plan kitchens
– Video door entry system to most apartments
– Window locks to all windows†
– Security alarm fitted with panic buttons in the master bedroom and by the front door
– Mains operated smoke detectors with battery backup and mains powered Carbon Monoxide detector
– 10 year warranty issued on build completion**
– Oak internal doors with polished chrome handles
– Carlisle lever door handles
– Fully-fitted wardrobes to bedroom 1 and bedroom 2 to include single and double hanging space, shelving and drawers
– Cornice to all rooms except bathrooms, en-suites, cloakrooms, wardrobes and cupboards
– Chamfered and grooved skirtings and architraves
– Carpet to study, stairs and bedrooms
– Amtico flooring to hall, drawing room and dining hall where applicable
Register your interest today to
receive exclusive updates